Veterans Services is temporarily moving to the third floor of the Government Services Building
Flagler County Veterans Services temporarily moved to the third floor of the Government Services Building following a water main break over the weekend that flooded the office.
“We moved our offices right away, so business is business as usual,” Veterans Services agent David Lydon said. “We currently have no idea how long it will be before we can return to our first floor house.”
The Office of Veterans Services is a resource for all members of the United States Armed Forces – past, present, and future – including people with disabilities, whether service-related or not.
These services include:
- Helping veterans get VA benefits for service-related disability award, non-service-related pension, and home loan guarantee benefits.
- Assist surviving spouses, children and parents of deceased service members and veterans to obtain death benefits such as a burial plot in a national cemetery, reimbursed burial benefits, a headstone or government headstone , government life insurance proceeds and other survivor benefits.
- Help eligible veterans obtain VA health benefits such as outpatient services, inpatient hospital care, and long-term care to promote, preserve, and restore veterans’ health.
- Assist veterans in obtaining property tax exemption certification.
- Assist veterans in obtaining benefits available from the state.
- Defend veterans.
The temporary offices are located directly behind the third floor elevator bank, through the glass doors marked “Flagler County Administration”, then the first door on the left. The phone number is 386-313-4014. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but closed noon to 1 p.m.